There are many graduates who choose to change cities to continue their university studies. But the same thing can happen to those who decide to move elsewhere for work, perhaps for a limited period. One of the first things to do in these cases, if you do not change your residence, is to find a new general practitioner even if temporary.
So if you have just moved, you do not have to wait for the first fever to remind you that you are entitled to assistance. Precisely because the health is guaranteed throughout Italy by Article 32 of the Constitution, going to live elsewhere for long periods, for example from three months to a year as required by law, retain the right to have a general practitioner with the obligation to cure you. Remember, however, that the new doctor must be confirmed or changed every year but only because you are not resident, otherwise it would remain tacitly the same always unless you want it more.
How to choose then the new medical base?
- The first thing to do is to look for the ASL closest to your address, that is, one of the Local Health Company offices that takes care of guaranteeing assistance in the territory where you have just moved.
- Remember, when you have chosen the location, to bring the necessary documents to activate the procedure: the identity card and in particular the health card, which you should always keep with you, since it is also valid as a document of recognition, in case you be rushed to the hospital.
- Once you arrive at the ASL, you will go to the “Choice and Revocation” office where, after respecting the waiting shift and generally they are not long if you go early in the morning before 8.00, you will be supported by the shift attendant will follow in the IT procedure of choice of the doctor.
- Make sure of your identity thanks to the two documents that you have brought, you can choose the general practitioner from a list of professionals, grouped according to the different areas in which the municipality where you live is divided.
- The doctor’s decision can be made based on your resume, which is still provided on request by the ASL or based on the distance from your clinic from your new home.
- Once the choice has been defined, you will fill in a form in which you must indicate the personal data. Once all the documents have been delivered, you will officially have a general practitioner for a year and receive a sheet on which your name will be printed, the indications of the reception hours and the address of your clinic.
You just have to choose one day between those in which the doctor is available and go and introduce you.
To rest correctly during the night hours is undoubtedly the basis of the psycho-physical well-being necessary to be able to face the new day serenely and forcefully. Sometimes, however, this is not always possible due to apparently external causes that make our rest difficult. The reasons can be among the most varied: from insomnia to noises at home and outside that do not allow us to sleep properly, making us count our night among those “white” passed. Another of the somewhat famous causes that could decree the end of our peaceful sleep is represented by the onset of painful and unhappy nocturnal cramps.
It’s also happened to you to wake up in the middle of the night in the grip of a cramp in the calf that not only ruins your rest will also cause unbearable trouble? Probably, at least once you have also experienced this sad experience. But what happens when suddenly an evil night cramp comes, putting an end to our peaceful sleep? When the muscles of our legs contract when we turn under the covers or stretch involuntarily, they can result in cramps. When this happens, the pain will be so strong that it will wake us up and even after trying to alleviate the great suffering in some way, it could also happen to be victims again during the same night. Following at this article musikji the onset of nocturnal cramps, moreover.
But how do you prevent night cramps from ruining our nights? It is precisely this that we will try to take care of during this new guide, giving you some useful tips to block and avoid annoying cramps.
- When we wake up in the grip of pain caused by a nighttime cramp, the first thing to do is to stay calm. Initially, we will be so dazed by sleep that we will struggle to understand the nature of pain. Our first advice, therefore, is to stand in front of a wall, at a distance of about a meter, a meter and a half, keeping the legs straight and the flat heels and bending towards the wall facing us, staying in this position for about ten seconds and repeat the operation several times. Do some calf massage, trying to massage it exactly from the base upwards. Besides, if you usually run into painful night cramps, then you should do some similar massage even before putting yourself under the covers. This will help you avoid their appearance in the middle of the night.
- In the winter months, try not to put too many blankets; sometimes, just the pressure caused by their heaviness could be the primary reason for cramping. Choose, instead of the heavy wool blankets, comfortable and lighter duvets, which will still be able to warm up during the coldest nights of the year.
- Choose electric blankets: these, keeping the heat warm, will also warm up your muscles.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting pajamas instead, choose comfortable clothing to go to bed.
- Even the position you take when you are in bed may cause cramps to develop; so avoid sleeping on your stomach, but rather try to sleep on your side with your knees bent, and maybe a pillow between them.
- If the cramps persist, talk to your doctor; probably your diet will require calcium boost.
Bronchial asthma is a disease that affects the airways of people and involves many daily difficulties. According to reliable statistical sources, a non-negligible percentage of pregnant women suffer from this condition. But are there any negative effects generated by this disease during the gestation period? And how should pregnant women react?
Experts in the field believe that certainly, the bronchial asthma produces a hormonal change in the body of the woman pregnant, and such changes can be favorable or negative or indifferent. But how should this respiratory dysfunction be addressed?
First of all, it is of great interest to be followed by a qualified doctor who can accompany the pregnant woman throughout the pregnancy. Also, periodically it is necessary to undergo some individual tests to check your breathing capacity, so you need to do specific spirometry tests that give fast and reliable results.
Do not underestimate the hygienic conditions of the environment in which you live: the pregnant woman with chronic asthma must avoid contact with microorganisms daily and keep at a safe distance, for all nine months of pregnancy, both pets and cigarette smoke. Even psychophysical stress could become effective complicity of asthma, so it is desirable to keep calm and escape situations that can cause such ailments.
If asthma occurs specifically during pregnancy, it is essential to undergo the right allergic tests, even if experts usually advise not to immunize during that period. In fact, if you were to become aware of the fact of being chronic asthmatic during pregnancy, it is better to postpone the vaccination therapy for this and any form of allergy in the post-partum period.
Smoking is a dangerous, even very bad habit from which it is difficult to escape.
Often smokers have periods of inflection in which they desperately try to stop, cursing the day when they lit the first cigarette, but given the difficulties of smoking detox and the great temptation, eventually, return to their steps and end up light yet another cigarette!
Quitting smoking is a difficult but not impossible task!
You can safely stop smoking, you can throw away the pack of cigarettes and the lighter, as shown by the thousands of former smokers, who now do not even want to hear the smell of smoke from afar.
The real and great difficulty is found the right way, the correct form for themselves, to remove the habit of smoking and to defeat the addiction to nicotine.
But how to find the right way to stop? What is the correct method for oneself, to quit smoking?
Unfortunately, there is not a valid rule for all, a unique system to stop but you can find the right shape for yourself, among the many alternatives and the different methods available.
So let’s see an overview, among the viable ways, to get out of the habit of smoking and addiction to nicotine:
- Transdermal patches: these are simple patches, to be applied directly on the skin, to release certain substances into the epidermis, which reach the nervous system, soothe the desire for nicotine, thus helping to fight abstinence such like this.
- Chewing gums: they are healthy chewing, based on nicotine, which, as for the case of the patches, release in the body, certain substances that reduce the desire to smoke. Depending on the degree of dependence on smoking, there are chewing gums on the market. Different nicotine concentrates.
- Earring: the application of a classic earring is another method very popular today. In the wake of acupuncture, which is based on the same principle, only extended to the whole body, the desire to smoke is considerably reduced.
- Homeopathy: the new frontier of homeopathy, now valid support of the classic medicine, offers then absolutely natural products, able to calm the dependence on nicotine.
- Meeting groups: you can then participate in the excellent support groups like this, as well as alcohol and drug problems, where being helped by a partner and confronting other people with the same addiction, the issue is dealt with more directly.
All these valid solutions! However, must be supported by accurate and just willpower, without no smoker, can never get rid of the habit of smoking!