Mendut is a favorite of Central Javanese food. The savory and delicious taste is the main attraction for traditional cuisine lovers. However, not many people understand how these dishes are actually made.
For those of you who are curious to make it, below I will give the recipe:
- 400 grams of sticky rice flour
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves, then cut into small pieces
- 1000 grams of tapioca flour
- 1/2 adt of salt
- Banana leaf (for wrapping)
- Sticks for embedding
- Warm water
- 1 smell of coconut, (grated and take the food)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ kg brown sugar
- 1 sheet of pandan leaves
- Enough water)
Ways of making:
- Outer skin: mix all ingredients, then stir until smooth. Finally do writing.
- Fill material: Red sugar to melt first, add coconut, pandan leaves, salt, give enough water. Keep stirring evenly. Cook until well done.
- Coconut milk: boil the coconut milk, then give salt. Boil until completely cooked. Lift
- Take a little outer skin that has been mixed before, then make it flat, fill with the second ingredient. Cover the flat skin back into an oval round.
- Prepare banana leaves, fill with mendut which has an oval-shaped round, then flush the sauce / coconut milk, using a stick.
- Mendut steamed already wrapped in banana leaves. Steam until boiled and cooked (- / + 30 minutes)
That’s the recipe for making mendut. How easy, right? May be useful